Friday, June 26, 2009

Bwahahahahaha!

Hey, I'm actually documenting an event less than a month after it actually occurred. The Mad Scientist turned six! Here he is in his lab coat wearing, mouth full of chocolate cake glory:

Watch out, Megan and Beka. I think those two may have come up with some new molecules. Let's hope they're not radioactive:


Makin' slime!:"Don't strike till you see the whites of its eye!" Oh, how Dan loves a chance to get in a good one liner. However, despite all of the well timed striking, the eye remained in tact even after all the kids had taken several whacks. Dan had to bring in the muscle:
After Dan had his way with it:
The birthday boy holding the fruits of Dad's labor from the bowls of an eye shaped pinata:
Enjoying a gift from Grandma:

On to Father's Day. I was sick that morning. The kids started their banter around 5:00 am. I whined at Dan to please get up with them. And I got breakfast in bed on Mother's Day. Poor Dan. He did, at least, get to go trekking through Pine Valley with Bennett:
Also, Dan turned really old. Warning: Mushiness will ensue---you might want to get a barf bag or skip this paragraph. I am so very glad Dan was born, and that I had the good fortune to cross his path, and that we managed to get through the most awkward courtship ever and actually end up married. He is so much better than I deserve. Truly I didn't even know a relationship could be this good, and I honestly feel sorry for everyone else, because I'm certain I've got the best marriage. Dan makes me feel beautiful (even when I'm not). He makes me feel like he thinks he got the good deal in this arrangement (which he didn't). We talk about everything, and he always gets me and never thinks I'm crazy. Okay, well, that's not true, he thinks I'm a nut case, but he loves me, even the craziness (okay, that's not entirely true either...but most of the craziness anyway).
I hope this next bit isn't crossing the line. Laraine will someday tell me I shouldn't have made this public, but I can't resist. She came and told me that she's "a mommy." She's got two little ping pong type balls in her dress. Is this based on how she sees my endowments? Should I feel insulted that she didn't at least go for tennis balls? I comfort myself with the knowledge that she could barely fit what she's got down that dress. Here's a "cleavage" shot:

Jasper's trying to get the balls out of her dress in this one:

On the Review Blog: Dan reviewed Up (movie, not preposition---is this joke getting old?)

Thanks to Elizabeth for taking the pictures at Bennett's party.

5 comments:

Perry Family said...

What a great post. I find myself always getting a very good laugh because you can bring so much wonderful humor into written word. I love the ping pongs!!
The birthday party looks like a total blast...what a cute little scientist you have there! The eyeball pinata is perfect!

Stefani B. said...

Happy Birthday Bennett! I guess no matter how old Dan gets, we are always older. You are right though. Laurie and I were just talking about how lucky you and I got to have good husbands when we are basically horrible human beings. Lets hope they don't come to their senses.

Elizabeth Dover said...

That was such a fun birthday party the kids had a blast and I am glad I got to help out. It was so nice. I am so sorry you were ill on Father's day. But it sounds like Dan had a nice father's day anyways. The pictures of Lorraine are so funny. It will be fun to kate that picture out to show her Fiance someday hee hee hee. Just Kidding. Happy birthday to Dan too by the way!

Christene said...

I'm laughing! How wonderful! Don't be offended by Laraine's interpretation. I just love it!! I also loved your mushiness. In my opinion, you to are a perfect match and everyone should be so lucky. We have often said there is no one who can take your place. Everyone needs a partner who can endure their craziness, enjoy their talents and love them in both moments. Let him know we wish him a happy belated birthday!

Laurie said...

As always, I'm amazed by you're ability to coordinate a party. Bennett is a perfectly adorable mad scientist.