Sunday, January 10, 2010

How to Win Friends and Influence People

Dan was sitting with the kids in the lobby at church. A stout gent came out of a classroom and walked up to Dan and the kids. He looked at Laraine and expressed his admiration for her beauty, how he'd been enjoying her beaming smile as he sat in class. Laraine looked at the man, pointed at Dan's belly and said, "My daddy's fat too."

A couple other endearing (less insulting) lines from Laraine in the past little while:
"Sometimes I look in the mirror and my face is sad."
"At night, the airplanes are stars."

On Dangie Reviews: Sherlock Holmes (2009 film) and Avatar (2009 film)

6 comments:

Michael David Moore said...

This reminds me of a similar story from Dan's youth involving a prominent St. George Doctor. Actually, Lorraine was rather nicer than Dan.

Perry Family said...

oh Angie, you always bring in the humor so thick...or at least your kids do. I always seem to laugh out loud every time I read your blog!!

Shannon said...

LOL I love it!

Jordan, when he was 5, sat on my brother's lap (who was very large at the time) & told him because he had a big belly, it also meant he had a really big weiner. I could've died!

The things these kids come up with! LOL

Stefani B. said...

Cute. Laraine is a doll. I'm sure the guy got a kick out of that too. You need to add some pictures too. I'm sure she had a darling Christmas dress.

Christene said...

Kids are terrific at mortifying their parents, knowing just what to say! There is that fine line of teaching them kindness while not edging into the lying category. Still balancing that one! I love her other quotes too. She is a lovely girl!

Unknown said...

I love it! That's right up there with Lily telling me that "Jesus no like you" in the hallway at church. This stuff cracks me up. It kind of makes me sad that one day propriety will knock that right out of them. It's just not quite as charming at 13 as it is at 3, unfortunately.