Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Dan

Here he is proudly displaying a pie he won for singing at a festival in Calico Ghost Town, CA. I found him to be the most entertaining singer I saw that day. (I might have a bias, but a bigger crowd stopped to watch him than any other singer I saw.) He sang a rousing old folk song, "That Good Old Mountain Dew"---a tune about the joys of home brewed alcohol, and though I knew he couldn't really identify with the song, it seemed like he did. He really wants to sing it for an American Idol audition, though he missed the one in Vegas.

1. What is his name? Daniel Bennett Moore

2. Who eats more? Dan

3. Who said I love you first? Dan. He's also the one who cried during the wedding. :) But anyone who's been in his gospel doctrine class knows he's a crybaby. I always make fun of him for crying when Adrian came out of her coma in Rocky II. He can't get through reading How the Grinch Stole Christmas without crying.

4. Who is taller? Dan

5. Who is smarter? I could try to lie, but you all know Dan is.

6. Who is more sensitive? Tough call. I already mentioned that he's a crybaby, but I'm pretty sensitive too.

7.Who does the laundry? Me. He will if I tell him to though.

8. Who sleeps on the right side of the bed? I do. The left side's dented to fit him.

9. Who pays the bills? I usually write the checks or pay online.

10. Who cooks more? I do...though Dan loves cooking (I don't love cleaning up after him, but I do enjoy his cooking).

11. What meals do you cook together? Lots of things. Home made pizza is a biggie. I don't like to knead the dough, so I make him do it.

12. Who is more stubborn? Probably me.

13. Who is the first to admit they're wrong? I try to be good about that, but probably him.

14. Who is more clean? Me.

15. Who has more siblings? Dan--he came from 7, and I came from 5.

16. Who wears the pants in the relationship? Me.

17. What do you like to do together? Just about anything, but I know he wishes I were into running and more hard core hiking. While we were dating, I went on a two day backpacking hike with him and pretended it wasn't an uncommon thing for me to do (in fact, I had to buy the backpack and the sleeping bag for the occasion). I have since been accused of presenting myself in a somewhat false light. Anyway, probably what we love doing most together is just talking.

18. Who eats more sweets? Me.

19. Guilty pleasures? Eating junk.

20. How did you meet? In high school. I was a senior, and he was a junior. It was the first day of school in A.P. European History (we both love history). I remember when Mr. Wegkamp had us introduce ourselves, Dan claimed to be an evil genius who planned to take over the world, so those were the first words I heard out of his mouth. I have since learned that he is neither evil, nor does he have any desire to take over the world, but he is a genius.

21. Who asked who out first? He asked me out...it was his first date---Junior Prom, and if you can imagine it, he was actually shy on that date (his crush was really obvious---he was so cute). He asked me by making a silly little video, which I love and still have. I should post it, but then he'd post my answer, which is an even stupider little video that we also unfortunately still have.

22. Who kissed who first? He was so afraid to make a move. After it had taken him about two hours to inch his hand over to hold mine while we were watching a movie, I decided to help him with the kiss thing after the movie.

23. Who proposed? Dan. He got on his knees, cut off a piece of his shoelace, and tied it around my finger. Yes, a few days later (when we were both done puking) we picked out a ring. (He had the puking sickness the day he proposed, but I had to kiss him after he asked me to marry him, so the next day, I was puking.)

24. His best features? He's pretty proud of his big calves. I'll go with the cliche and say his personality.

25. What is his greatest quality? His kindness towards and acceptance of others---closely followed by the fact that he's not afraid to make a fool of himself (a quality which allows him to win pies sometimes).

Tag? Amanda Taylor (let's get her blogging again), Elizabeth Dover, Karene Hansen, Carmell Asher
(Thanks for the tag, Stacy. This was fun.)

Dan posted pictures and an account of his 38ish mile run in Zion on his running blog.

16 comments:

Perry Family said...

You are just so clever. I LOVE your answers...SO FUNNY! And I'm so sorry to hear you guys were puking at the time of your engagement...you knew it was true love to kiss a guy with the puke bug:) And Dan is a genius...you are too!

Megan said...

So fun! I love hearing about Dan from your perspective...He's such a nut! Definitely not afraid to be a goof!

Christene said...

What a great little insight into Dan. I love it! We are so blessed with amazing men who are perfect for us. I'm glad you have someone to love like Dan. I love the story of him proposing. Too bad puking had to be involved. I just had to laugh!

Kim said...

You guys are so funny! I love to hear you talk. You always say it like it is!

How do you like your new car?

Elizabeth Dover said...

That was a fun game of tag. I have heard most of those stories already but not all of them. I will take your challenge of tag but it might take me a while to do it. I am behind in a few other things I want to post on my blog. A trip to another pond, and a graduation. I also want to blog about a Beni Hanuaha adventure. Blog to ya later!

Elizabeth Dover said...

About SUU Alumni stuff, I get e-mailed from them, that is how I found out about it. I will be sure to forward anything from now on to you I get. I am not sure why I didn't put that together earlier and let you know about it. It would have been nice to have you all there, people we really knew and have fun with. The kids would have had even more fun than they did with your kids there too.

Janeen said...

Your blog is so fun to read. You have a great way with words. Sorry about your car, I agree, why are we still driving these things that always break down & cost a fortune to drive?

Karene said...

I started composing my response to your tagging me, and then I got a sense of deja vu...sure enough, I've done one similar to this already. Maybe in the days before you looked at our blog. Anyway here it is if you're interested!

http://hansen-happenings.blogspot.com/2008/02/in-spirit-of-valentines-day-little-late.html

Karene said...

That link didn't work very well. Oh well, you can find it in the February archives on our blog, I think the post date was February 22nd.

Perry Family said...

like your new look! super cute!

Chrissy said...

I like the changes!! Super cute!!

Danielle said...

Love your answers Angie, you really are too funny. And I love hearing about Dan, that is his personality and we love it.

hansenkd said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hey Dangie! I didn't know you guys were blogging...how convenient. I shall now add you to my stalk list.
And in the matter of winning pies, I'm a little shocked with his song choice. I really thought you were going to say he busted out in a rip-roaring rendition of "Battle Hymn of the Republic", but I guess that just shows how far back we go...

Stefani B. said...

Wow! I have been enlightened...and baffled. Dan...does Angie ever actually admit she is wrong to you? I take my hat off to you man. You are a genius.

Amy Hummel said...

I too just found your blog... (after hearing some people mention that you had one)! Now I too (like Beka) have someone else to stalk!

Amy Hummel
http://amyhummel.typepad.com